Tuesday 2 September 2014

WHAT I SPEND MY MONEY ON

One of the things that I want to get better at is budgeting. I don't get enough money each month for it to go towards anything 'grown-up', even if I had anything 'grown-up' to pay for, so I end up blowing it all by the end of payday! I have a phone contract and I pay my mum pittance for rent, after that I have just over £400 to spend on whatever. Looking back over the months that I have had my current job I've tried to think of what I have bought, which hasn't gone successfully.


From July onwards have spend £20 each week on a driving lesson, Starting from the middle of September I will be paying monthly for contact lenses and I'll sometimes buy food for work or home. That means I have spent a ridiculous amount of money on unmemorable things and in realising this I have decided to make a conscious change.


Conscious change:  I will not spend money on anything unless deemed necessary.

Well what is necessary, Natasha? Surely that make up product that has just come out that you want to try is necessary?...

As much as I would like to keep ahead of the game with make-up and such things that is not, in my book, deemed necessary. My kind of necessary varieties from 'urgently important' (e.g. deodorant) to 'part-of-my-daily-routine products' (e.g. Tea Tree water).

If the worst comes to the worst and I cannot decide then my mum will be consulted.

This is just one of my ways I hope to stop spending. Something else I am trying is learning new things to override the memorisation of my card number!!!

Have you ever had this problem before? What have you done to solve it?

Natasha