Sunday 28 September 2014

HAPPINESS IS A CHOICE

All emotions demand to be unapologetically public, especially for the age group that I am currently in! and for some people it is easier to cover over their true emotions for a higher purpose.

Emotions are in the very foreground of every single second of every single day and for the most part are the biggest pain-in-the-arse I have ever experienced. I would be completely lying if I said (wrote) that I can keep myself happy every day of the week because I can't, really I am just about able to keep myself content for seven hours on every week day and that's only because I am in a professional environment where I am representing an organisation and can't be moody! 

Emotions/feelings have never been that easy for me to handle, im sure I am not the first nor the last person to admit that, I could never handle being angry very well - It would make me scream and cry and get quite violence with my pillow! I don't think in the past year anger has been a problem for me - Potentially I could have mastered keeping myself calm - and I am putting this down to me deciding that being happy is a choice. As much as there are some moods I don't want to be in I make the effort to allow myself happiness at the things I have achieved and not sadness for what I haven't. Because what's the point? 



There are a lot of things that we do on a daily basis that are so instilled in to our 'norm' that are not acknowledged as achievements anymore. Things like getting to work that extra bit early, or tidying the house on your own, or even having the energy and time to put on make up in the morning (the 'small things in life). It isn't easy to forget about the things that drag you down, for some reason staying sad is the easiest thing that I have ever been able to do, but soon enough a new habit is made, and higher levels of contentment and then happiness replace the sadness and disappointment we face so often and sadness is a thing of the past.

The true beauty in life is seeing it how it is - yours.

Natasha