Sunday 7 September 2014

DAILY ROUTINE AND ACNE

I have suffered with acne for as long as I can remember. I'd say that I have probably had mild acne for about three years now - it used to be a lot worse, The worst being when I broke out from head to toe! - Within this time I have used things such as antibiotics and acid gel creams but have found what works best is basic exfoliation.

My daily 'skin-care' routine goes a little something like this:

In the morning I will wake up and go straight to the bathroom as this is normally the longest part of my morning routine. I will exfoliate my face using a face scrub, from Simple, mixed with a body scrub, from Soap and Glory, and dry with a fresh towel. After that I go back in to my bedroom to spray and wipe a toner water over my face and neck, apply a small amount of bio-oil and lather my face with a small blob of light moisturiser, by Palmer's. I put on my make up and that's just about it in regards to face-stuff.

In the evening I take my eye make up off first and then my foundation and such. I then exfoliate again using the same products as the morning as well as the toner water. I use a different moisturiser, from lush, in the evening as it is heavier and I have time for it to sink in when I am sleeping. 

I find that this helps my break-outs stay to minimum but it does not cut them out completely, I have also found that drinking water helps, obviously, but to remember that if I have a hot drink (i.e. coffee or tea) or a fizzy drink then I need to drink a bit more to re-hydrate.









Products mentioned and used:

Natasha