Saturday 10 January 2015

SAVINGS!

I have never been very good with money. I've always favoured buying lots of smaller things the day I get my pay packet than one big thing that I will have to save for, so other than a wardrobe full to the brim I don't have anything really to show for my past year. 

I'd like this bad habit to end, so I have a few different pots that I would like my money to go into over the next year and a bit. 


  1. A Car fund - Now that I have passed both driving tests I would like to be able to put into practice what I learnt, before I forget.(this would also includes maintenance money for insurance and MOTs and such
  2. A Traveling fund - I would really, really like to do some kind of a tour of the USA. I'd love to see New York, California and Idaho as main stops but generally have the idea that I will see all of it. (ambitious much?) 
  3. A rainy day fund - You never know when you are going to need some money and as it is me, I'm bound to need some!

I feel like maybe the car fund may take priority over the next few months as that is the thing that would happen the quickest. The traveling I am hoping to take my time with so will need less ties to where I am at the moment - and I also feel like I'll need a bit more self-confidence if I going to be travelling on my own!

I feel like with writing this I will be able to stick to it (I'm quite a flakey person when it comes to my own plans) so I'll see how well that turns out.

Natasha